Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

Cirque du Watercolor Pencil


I wanted to give the water color pencils another shot. I tried Bristol Paper instead of Watercolor Paper, and found a huge difference. Watercolor paper is porous, and is hard to pencil on, and because the Bristol is so slick, it really made it easy to shade with the pencils. The figure is from La Nouba, a Cirque du Soleil production in Orlando. I think that the character is called the Green Bird, and I got the picture from a program. I've always loved the picture, because she so slumped over and sad looking in her crazy feathered costume. I guess even people who wear feathers can be sad.

Comments:
You're so talented. Why are you so talented?

Teach me how to draw so I can illustrate my blog by hand. BETTER YET, YOU draw some naughty illustrations for my blog. Yeah, that's your next project. Have it on my desk by Monday morning.

Still,
Stella
 
Back off, Stella. He's doing bacon and egg flash art for me first.
 
You're right, MXF. Your request came first. I will extend his deadline per your request that I "back off". However, keep in mind that there are 346 days left in the year, and 346 more creative projects he must do. He needs to be assigned things! If we play our cards right, his "craft projects" can be used for our personal gain. For example, I think it would be a true creative challenge for him to clean and rearrange my room...
 
I would like for him to make my bed for a week, each day, arranging the pillows in a new pattern.
 
I like the expression on the face/mask. It looks like it was caught mid notice. Like someone said "Hey, sad bird woman," and she started to look up and then CLICK. The moment was captured. I imagine her looking right back down shortly after this moment.
Great work.
I like your Koi, too.
Do people tattoo Koi alot?
 
Yes, Koi is an incredibly popular tattoo to get- much more popular than Bacon and Eggs. I think the most popular are Japanese Characters, Koi, Dragons, Fairies, Skulls, Crosses, Hearts, Roses, and Tribal Images. That's what I see the most of. It's very rare that I see something really unusual.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?