Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

Hanuman


Hanuman is a the Lord Siva as incarnated in a monkey. I am always inspired by pictures of Hindu Deities. I've been looking for a new image for a tattoo, and I found this one of Hanuman today. I've been looking for an appropriate image for a while, and magically I put the right words into the search engine, and found a simple lined drawing. I redrew it, inked it, and broke out the watercolors to give it some life. Hanuman is still said to be incarnated here on earth- if he reads this blog- I hope he likes the picture.


Prayer to Hanuman

Manojavam maruta-tulya-vegam
Jitendriyam buddhimatam varistham
Vatatmajam vanara-yutha-mukhyam
Shri-rama-dutam saranam prapadye

(I find refuge in Lord Rama's Messenger,
who is swift as thought, powerful as the wind,
in control of his senses, supremely intelligent,
commander of the army of forest creatures,
and son of the wind-god.)

Comments:
Awesome! You going back to Daredevil? Let's meet up! =D
 
Jai Sreeram
Jai Hanuman

By A Devotee in Kerala
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?