Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Lounge Singer


More experimentation with the watercolor pencil. I wanted to see how deep and bold I could go with the actual pencil. They sort of peter out before you can get the bold color you want, and blending isn't that easy. They're a really great medium for incredibly light drawings, like the bird lady in my last post, but trying to get bold definition may be best left to charcoals. That's not to say that you could combine the two medium. This month is really about experimentation with the materials I have, and trying new things. I played with the color a lot in IPhoto, and I think that the end result was more the coloring that I had wanted to achieve. I think that I could do this with the pencils alone- I just need more practice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?