Monday, January 16, 2006

 

More Mermaids the Merrier



I went to sleep very unhappy about the sketch that I did last night. I think the pen drawing just didn't have enough attitude in it, so I wanted to practice my mermaids a little more. I used Sharpie Markers instead of pen, and got better lines. The original mermaid design comes from Michelle Myles (an amazing tattoo artist) who works out of Fun City Tattoo (funcitytattoo.com). I loved the original image- she looks so stunned- so I added the anchor in. Not exactly what Justin wants, but I'm getting there- I think.

Comments:
I like this one! Tell Justin that long hair is more appropriate for a mermaid - bobs don't flow and shimmer in the water, and we don't want her to be jealous of Madison and Ariel and all the other famous mermaids.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?