Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Pillow City of the Future


I haven't done a collage in a really long time. I used stacks of pillows from a Crate and Barrell Catalogue. When I cut them out, and put them on my table I thought they looked liked little Japanese buildings, so I made a little city. Photographing the art changes it a bit, but I liked how the colors adjusted.

Here is Section 2 of The Green Coat. Thank you -to those who have commented on the first Paragraph- You're right, a butterknife is much to dull to get to a Kidney.

The Green Coat had come wrapped in blue foil. When Kristen pulled it out of the box she used her planned smile for presents she didn’t like. First the corners of her mouth moved up, then her lips parted showing her teeth. Her jaw opened half an inch. OhmygodIloveit. Sigh. Her parents smiled back. (Long ago her dad had figured it out. It was the same expressions when they had given her a toaster.) At the time, Kristen had wanted a black coat. You wear too much black her mother said as the coat came out of the box. It clashed horribly with the blue foil wrapping, and Kristen immediately thought that she would look like a Christmas Tree in it. Black and Grey were the only colors acceptable to Kristen. She was, after all, a junior executive. The green coat went back into the box and in the corner. Kristen’s mother had to remind her not to forget it when she left promptly at 5 pm.

Comments:
I love this. It's like Secret City! I want to do a catalog collage with you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?