Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

Pin Punched Cowboy


This is a Birthday Card I made for my friend Craig. If I had to pick an older brother, it would be Craig- he's the only one I would ever think of to go car shopping with- or play tennis. So what better way to celebrate his Birthday than with a pinhole-punched cowboy card. I used a fabric pin (the kind with a perpendicular metal head) and punched the larger holes over a piece of cork, and then the smaller holes (for shading effects) over a piece of cardboard to allow for more control. I also added some shading with metallic colored pencils, but I don't think the photograph quite captures that. To see the effects, you'll have to go to Craig's apartment.

My friend Michelle and I also planned a incredibly large quilling (a.k.a paper filigree) project- more to come in the next few days!

Comments:
It looks good all lit up. I bet it would make a cute nightlight!
 
That is soooo awesome! You should make lampshades like that! I would buy tons of them. =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?