Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Quilling


Tonight I quilled for the first time. My friend Michelle and I had a craft night, where she taught me how to quill. Quilling is where you take really thin strips of paper and roll them around a really small needle. You create tiny little spools of paper that can be shaped into different things. I decided to work on a bird, so that I could try a number of different techniques. I think that I'm most proud of the little flower that the bird is holding in his mouth. Michelle came up with a very good point this evening- she said that the simplist looking crafts usually take the longest time to create. This little bird took about a full two hours of intense work- but I kind of liked it. Quilling is also called Paper Filagree. I think I like the sound of that better. Here is my paper filagree bird.

Comments:
That is sooooo cool! What a cute bird. I've GOT to try that... =)
 
Dude, Marcos ... that is so fucking awesome.

And gay.

But more awesome.

-ed
 
loved ur quilling bird!!
i am a into quilling too..check out my wrk at chandnisingh.blogspot.com
do giv me ur feed back
tk cr
chandni :D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?