Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Directing the Mysterious Miss Squito


I direct about five science theatre plays a year, and I'm starting to develop a few problems. The major one, is that I find it hard to be fresh. In the case of the Mysterious Miss Squito, From 1997-2000 I performed this particular show over 300 times, watched it an additional 200 times, directed it again in 2004, and am now directing it for this summer. It is a delightful show, but I think I'm done with it. I had to completely reblock the show, just so that I would pay attention. I know all the lines and blocking, so I have to really concentrate to see if the actors are really doing well, or I'm just hearing it in my head correctly. It's not a poor reflection on the actors- they're great- I think I have to start really pushing the envelope with the science theatre. No more standard 2 person plays with no set. This is the last of the Boo Boo shows.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?