Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

She was there for the party...


Tonight I went to see country music star Gretchen Wilson in concert at Radio City Music Hall. Gretchen Wilson, of I'm Here for the Party, and Redneck Woman Fame. Hear some of her music if you click the link (Don't worry V.E.- I'm not movin' in on your turf). I especially like California Girls & All Jacked Up. What's so creative about going to a Gretchen Wilson Concert?

Well:

1. In 6 years of living in NY, I've never been to Radio City Music Hall- it was amazing. I felt like every childhood movie I watched where some orphan who got to see a special show at RCMH came to life.

2. We sang: A LOT. Country stars like to make the audience sing every other verse of songs. Good think I know lyrics like, "Don't want no Purple Hooter Shooter, just want some Jack on the Rocks."

3. The set and lights were amazing. So many pyrotechnics- I thought that I was at an Epcot show.

4. Gretchen Wilson was incredibly creative. Aside from her standard set, she sang Billie Holiday's Goodmorning Heartache (all acoustic), Heat's Baracuda, and Black Dog by Led Zeplin. She has an amazing voice, and did all those songs proud.

5. Mullets do exist in NY- and are not just found being worn by Williamsburg Hipsters. Real people still think they're cool. And all 235 were at the Gretchen Wilson Concert.

6. Gretchen Wilson, much like Kareoke, is incredibly fun after a jack and coke, and 3 beers. Without the jack and coke and 3 beers- I don't know.

Comments:
love the shout out to epcot!!
 
Radio City is truly magical. It's such a beautiful theater. You could see dogs crapping on stage there and leave with a sense of wonder and awe.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?