Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Green Dress Rough


So Mr. Willard illustrated a few panels of a short comic/story I wrote back in January. He gave them to me to ink- unfortunately I could only print out a small 8 & 1/2 X 11 which was hard to detail and contour. Go to his link on the side to see the originals.

Here is part of the story:

When Alison felt the cold butter knife in her kidney, she realized she had borrowed Kristen's green coat for too long. Her eyes, watering, glazed over her oblivious date salting his bread across the table. What was his name? This had been her third date wearing the green coat in a week, and in her pain Allison couldn't remember if it was Chuck or Steve. Who salts bread? She needed to scream out something, so she tried Steve. Chuck looked over his shoulder. Idiot. Her knees buckled, forcing her onto the cold ceramic tile. The fall, pushed the knife deeper into Allison's side, and she grasped at her chair; the green coat draped over the back. As her eyes started to close she focused on the coat for one last time. "If only I had worn the light blue dress instead."

Comments:
I am sorry that the details were hard to see. It is funny, I assumed you would have used a fine line to ink the images. I think I was projecting that, cause that is what I would do. I like the heavier lines, though they probably are best used on a larger image. And the coloring wasn't anything I was expecting. I was thinking more subdued , non-bold colors. This was fun, I like not knowing what the end product will be. Good job!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?